Friday, February 12, 2010

They're Here: Paper Curtains.. oh my!

For your viewing pleasure.. or amusement :P

Have a look-see at some paper curtains!

This is two *uncut* rolls of Handmade Paper gift wrap. I purchased these rolls at World Market (approx. $3 per roll) A wonderful thing about Handmade Paper is its texture & thickness.

I prefer a small curtain on my kitchen window (over the sink) which provides some privacy as well as filter for the sun and still allows me to enjoy looking out the window when I'm working in the kitchen.

I love Nesting Dolls! And have a small collection of them.

I folded over the top about a quarter-inch for extra sturdiness then used my Crop-a-Dile hole puncher and punched holes (did not measure anything, simply eye-balled it) then put eyelets on the holes for a finishing touch. Put raffia through the holes & tied a knot and slid a curtain rod through it. Then I steam pressed it so it would hang how I wanted it. Considering it being a roll of gift wrap it kept wanting to curl and roll up on it's own. The thickness or heaviness of the Handmade Paper made it possible to steam iron it and kind'a mold it the way I wanted it without harming the paper.

What I would like to do next is decorative edge punch all across the bottom edge. But we'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment