Friday, February 19, 2010

Paper Mache' Dress Form

I bought this on a clearance rack with no preconceived idea for it. I got the idea from a book and off it went..

First, I cut a heart shape completely out of the breast portion. Then I covered the whole form with patterned paper using ModPodge.

This is the front of the dress form:


Then I reattached the heart shape using the ribbons to tie it on. Untie one side and here's what the inside looks like:



The inside heart shape I covered with gold leafing.
(Turn ceiling fans off when using this stuff!)
The inside of the dress form I covered using the same patterned paper.
The ribbon roses on and in the form I made myself from step-by-step instructions at the Ofray ribbon website. Then added a bird nest and some foliage.



Not to be neglected, the back of the dress form displays photos of much loved ones whose photos hang from tags.

Top photo: My precious mom-in-law when she was 16 yrs old.
Middle photo: My special Grandmother
(Ola Ruth, whom I did a doll house in memory of and posted photos in past blog entries)
Bottom photo: My dearly missed mom

Also, hanging is a little bird house covered w/patterned paper and a little glass bottle of f aux bird seed (which is wee little seed beads)

This was another
FUN project that turned out to be something that I'm rather fond of.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's excellent. You maybe a kindred soul to our studio manager, Rena.

    If have time check out her stuff:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/divineiguana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love the compartment idea

    ReplyDelete